Exo 32:1 And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.
Exo 32:2 And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.
Exo 32:3 And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron.
Exo 32:4 And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
Exo 32:5 And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, To morrow is a feast to the LORD.
Exo 32:6 And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.
Heb 4:7 “Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.” KJV
“Therefore God again set a certain day, calling it Today, when a long time later he spoke through David, as was said before: 'Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts.'” NIV
Prayerlessness is the sin of the church today.
How we harden our hearts:
1. Whenever spiritual delay turns into denial instead of delight.
- Crock pot-you might be in a season of delay because God is cooking up something better for you. So you can say my God did this for me!
- Don’t put a period where God puts a comma.
- Hope is not circumstances, it is based on Jesus inside of you.
- Even if the known makes you miserable, it is still more comfortable than the unknown.
- You have to fly through the turbulence to get to the smooth air.
- People would rather win change than walk it in their life.
- It is mine you can’t have it; I have had it so long! If you only knew what God has waiting
- to replace what you are holding on to! The gap between letting go and receiving is what
- scares us.
- I have learned how to play church.
- Learned how to be a professional Christian
- We miss out on laying our heads on Christ’s chest and falling in love all over again
- because we are too busy.
- Busy, busy, busy – so busy that I forget about Him
- When was the last time I just turned it all off and just sat with Him?
- Do not take my own heart for granted
- Just because we have gifts does not mean our heart is softened to God
- Ingratitude is the birthplace of idolatry in your life
- In the midst of ________ I will keep my heart soft.