“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7
Fear of running out.
“Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. And Saul gathered the people together, and numbered them in Telaim, two hundred thousand footmen, and ten thousand men of
Saul was a coward Jonathan was courageous.
Jonathan lived his life with a mindset of abundance.
Saul lived his life with a mindset of lack.
Not enough hours in the day.
Money does not grow on trees.
A mindset of scarcity is a fear that there is not enough.
What is it for you that you cannot let go of, do without, run out of?
Monkey with hand in little hole of coconut won’t let go of rice so he gets caught.
You are in prison to that which you cannot risk losing.
If you let go God will give you something better.
1. People's approval
4. Control/manipulation/no one else can do it better than me
What you have is irrelevant to what you need when you live out of a fear of lack.
The moment that we invite Christ to invade our lives everything becomes ours.
Living out of abundance starts with:
1. Knowing God as our unlimited supply not with mind but with our lifestyle
2. Knowing what He can do through me
“And Jonathan said to the young man that bare his armour, Come, and let us go over unto the garrison of these uncircumcised: it may be that the LORD will work for us: for there is no restraint to the LORD to save by many or by few.” 1 Samuel 14:6
What happens when you live out of abundance:
1. You will pick risky fights because you have nothing to lose
· “And that first slaughter, which Jonathan and his armourbearer made, was about twenty men, within as it were an half acre of land, which a yoke of oxen might plow. And there was trembling in the host, in the field, and among all the people: the garrison, and the spoilers, they also trembled, and the earth quaked: so it was a very great trembling.” 1 Samuel 14:14-15
· You give when you are drowning in debt, and God opens up the blessings.
· Marriage falling apart? Pick a fight for your spouse instead of with them, pray that God blesses them and humbles you. God will restore.
· Praying for a child: pick a fight against your spiritual enemy and one day their ground will shake. Keep praying for them.
2. Will live recklessly selfless lives
· when you know who you are in Christ you do not have to live for yourself. God gets the glory.
· “And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?” Mark 8:34-36
When your daddy makes the donuts there is always more than enough. money may not grow on trees, but when your daddy makes the trees it doesn't matter.
When your daddy makes forgiveness and love there is plenty forgiveness and love.
It’s not about me but I thought it was.
What would you do for God if you knew you could not fail?
Needing to be in control is not trusting God.