Wednesday, March 3, 2010

03/03/10 Crazy Love – Overwhelmed by a Relentless God – Francis Chan #3


Luke 8:14, the thorns are distractions that take you away from what God has given you.


Luk 11:34 The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.
Luk 12:16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:


Every day that we live is a gift from God almighty. Pray each day for the ability to complete the purpose God has for the day.


Does your prayer life look like a child in their father's lap?


Do we KNOW God's love or do we just know OF it?


Trying not to annoy your parents and other negatives should not translate to God.


Your kids are always on your mind, like we are always on God's mind.
Mat 7:11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?


When you miss your prayer time and you feel guilty, then it becomes guilt driven.


Core scripture at SAG:
Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.


There is not a specific requirement for you to pray in the morning or evening or read a certain number of chapters.


He doesn't want just one hour, He wants it all. Don't just spent one hour and forget Him the rest of the day. Don't compartmentalize God.


Psa 8:3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
Psa 8:4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
Psa 8:5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
Psa 8:6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
v6 He puts us in charge of HIS works.
A father giving a child all that he has. God gives us access.


Jer 1:4 Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Jer 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.


God formed you. God don't make no junk.


Jer 1:6 Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.
Jer 1:7 But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.
Jer 1:8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.


God says I got your back.


Jer 1:9 Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.
Jer 1:10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.


God is more interested in spending time with me, than all the other things going on.


Rom 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
Rom 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
Rom 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.


I want every day to be struck by the Love of God, the crazy love and be broken and GET IT.


Isa 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.


Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,


When you are totally consumed with the thought that He absolutely loves you.


Look around you, don't miss it!


Doesn't matter what you think about yourself, it matters what God thinks.


It isn't Jesus plus good works or Jesus plus traditions, it is Just Jesus.


www.juststopandthink.com


No comments:

Post a Comment